Track Club USA  

Go Back   Track Club USA > Your Favorite Event > Autocrossing

Autocrossing left, right, left, straight, woo hoo....

Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default April 6 autocross

Who said autocrossers aren't tough? First autocross of the season was pretty cold. I hope 12 runs and a early finish made up for the less than ideal temps. I want to thank all those who helped out yesterday especially those did tech with short notice and everyone who stayed to help pick up after the event.

It seems that everyone got faster in the off season. The first five spots were covered by less than a second. In fact the first 20 spots were covered by less than 4 seconds. Pretty competitive group.

We design these events to be enjoyable, competitive with lots of seat time. If you had a good time, please tell your friends. If you didn't, I want to know about it. PMad300hp@aol.com.

Our next event is April 27. These events typically sell out so don't hesitate...register today!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...96B255C435318A
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bumper cam video of the course

John Swig provided us of this bumper cam video of the course on April 6. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaglvHWqBnI
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bumper cam takes a hit

John also provided this video of a direct hit on his bumper cam. IPhones are pretty tough. Cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jFvdF2JOM
Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Photos from event

Nick Crovo a local photographer who attends many autox events at Devens sent this email with a link to photos from the April 6 event

Hello Pat,

This is Nick Crovo and I attended the autocross on the 6th at Devens taking pictures. I just wanted to thank you for hosting this exciting event and allowing me on the track to shoot. I finally finished sorting through and hosting nearly 1500 photos, and they are now ready to be viewed at www.nickcrovo.com for those who may be interested in them. There are between 20-50 shots of each car (I had to leave early for work, so I only got the first half of the second run group). I have uploaded all the pictures--even the less-sharp ones for those who'd like to analyze how his or her vehicle is reacting, and don't care how fine the focus is.

To the Drivers: Hi-res versions of the pictures are available upon request through this email. If you like the photos please consider donating using the link on the homepage--I put a lot of time into shooting, organizing, and hosting these pictures to make them easy to browse.

I'd also like to note that it is thanks to the generous donations I received from the autocross events last year that I was able to open this site and replace my malfunctioning 55-200mm lens with a wonderful 70-300mm VR lens which I used to shoot this event. I plan on working towards more creative photos this year and I look forward to attending more events. If you appreciate what I'm doing please check out and like my facebook page as well at www.facebook.com/nhcphotography.

Thanks! It was a pleasure being there and shooting your incredible machines!

Sincerely,

Nick Crovo

NHC Photography

www.Nickcrovo.com

www.facebook.com/nhcphotography

Last edited by PMad; 04-15-2013 at 08:08 AM.